The presentations will provide an in-depth overview of the Corporation as well as set forth key growth initiatives and outline a new multi-year strategic plan. A question-and-answer session, during which members of the investment community known to the Corporation can ask questions to the management team, will follow the presentations.
About Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc.
Couche-Tard is a global leader in convenience and mobility, operating in 25 countries and territories, with more than 14,400 stores, of which approximately 10,800 offer road transportation fuel. With its well-known Couche-Tard and Circle K banners, it is one of the largest independent convenience store operators in the United States and it is a leader in the convenience store industry and road transportation fuel retail in Canada, Scandinavia, the Baltics, as well as in Ireland. It also has an important presence in Poland and Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of People’s Republic of China. Approximately 128,000 people are employed throughout its network.
For more information on Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc., or to consult its audited annual Consolidated Financial Statements, unaudited interim condensed consolidated financial statements and Management Discussion and Analysis, please visit: https://corpo.couche-tard.com
Questions from investors – Investor Relations:
Jean-Philippe D. Lachance, Vice President, Investor Relations & Treasury
Tel: (450) 662-6632, ext. 4619
Certain statements in this presentation and the accompanying oral presentation (“the presentation”) may constitute forward looking statements within the meaning of securities laws of Canada, including Couche-Tard’s financial outlook and related EBITDA ambition. Any statement in this presentation that is not a statement of historical fact may be deemed to be a forward-looking statement. When used in this presentation, the words “believe”, “could”, “should”, “intend”, “expect”, “estimate”, “assume”, and other similar expressions are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of Couche-Tard and are subject to significant risks and uncertainties outside of Couche-Tard's control, which may cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations expressed in its forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements do not consider the effect that transactions or special items announced or occurring after the statements are made may have on Couche-Tard’s business.
Couche-Tard’s financial outlook and related EBITDA ambition for fiscal 2028 are based on the following material assumptions:
• A comprehensive evaluation of each initiative (Winning Offer, Winning Fuel, Winning the Customer and Winning Growth, all supported by the Foundation, which includes Fit to Serve, all described in more detail in the Investor Conference presentation referenced herein / detailed in this presentation) and the fact that Couche-Tard will be able to execute according to the established plans when it relates to organic growth initiatives;
• Our ability to identify and complete strategic acquisitions and expected synergies to be realized through business acquisitions;
• Synergies and cost savings objective that are based on our comparative analysis of organizational structures and current level of spending across Couche-Tard’s network as well as on Couche-Tard’s ability to bridge the gap, where relevant, and Couche-Tard’s assessment of current contracts in the geographical areas of operations and how Couche-Tard expects to be able to renegotiate these contracts to take advantage of our increased purchasing power;
• Couche-Tard’s ability to establish and maintain an effective process for sharing best practices across its network;
• Our ability to integrate acquired businesses; and
• Couche-Tard’s best assessment of the current macroeconomic environment, including ongoing global supply chain and inflationary pressures, foreign currency volatility, the repercussions of the ongoing military conflict between Ukraine and Russia, COVID-19 variants, other related disruptions and other risks described in the section “Business Risks” of our Management Discussion & Analysis for the year ended April 30, 2023 as filed on SEDAR+ at www.sedarplus.ca.
Couche-Tard would like to point out that, by their very nature, forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties such that its results, or the measures it adopts, could differ materially from those indicated in or underlying these statements, or could have an impact on the degree of realization of a particular projection. For a description of certain material risk factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from forward-looking information, please also refer to the section “Business Risks” of our Management Discussion & Analysis for the year ended April 30, 2023 as well as other risks detailed from time to time in reports filed by Couche-Tard with securities regulators in Canada as filed on SEDAR+ at www.sedarplus.ca. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, Couche-Tard disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. The forward-looking information in this release / presentation is based on information available as of the date of the release / presentation. This release / presentation is not, and under no circumstances is to be construed as, a prospectus, an offering memorandum, an advertisement or a public offering of securities. Under no circumstances should the information contained herein be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities.
While the information contained in this presentation is believed to be accurate, Couche Tard expressly disclaims any and all liability for any losses, claims or damages of whatsoever kind based upon the information contained in, or omissions from, this presentation or any oral communication transmitted in connection therewith. In addition, none of the statements contained in this presentation are intended to be, nor shall be deemed to be, representations or warranties of Couche-Tard and its affiliates. Where the information is from third-party sources, the information is from sources believed to be reliable, but Couche-Tard has not independently verified any of such information contained herein.